Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Make an Appointment
Patients are seen by appointment – on the same day the appointment is made if possible. To schedule an appointment, please call (727) 593-5492 during regular business hours.
Please call in advance for office visits. Make follow-up appointments as you leave. We make every effort to stay on schedule although emergencies do arise. If we are seriously delayed, we attempt to notify patients beforehand.
Or request an appointment via our online scheduling tool
Schedule your next visit online.
- Please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your scheduled visit for completion of the registration process, medical history paperwork, and payment of co-pay (if applicable). You can download, print, and complete the forms prior to your appointment.
- Bring a detailed medication list of your prescription bottles with you. Important information includes the name of the medication, dosage, the number of times it is taken daily, and the pharmacy contact information.
- Bring any forms with you that you may need completed at the time of the visit. This includes handicapped parking forms, daycare/school forms, mail-in pharmacy requests, etc.
- If you are diabetic or have high blood pressure and you take blood sugar and/or blood pressure readings at home, bring in a written record of those readings to your appointment.
- Bring any old records you may have, including recent lab results.
- Bring an immunization record. If you do not have a copy, you may consider asking the school for a copy if the child is of school-age or request one from your previous physician's office.
- Please bring your previous physician's office address and phone number. This information is necessary to request old records from their office.
We require payment of your co-payment and past-due account balances at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, debit and all major credit cards.
We will submit claims to most major insurance carriers. Please bring your insurance card and I.D. with you to every visit so we can ensure that our records are accurate.
We recommend that you call your insurance company to verify that we participate with your plan.
Please notify us if you have any change in your name, phone number, address, or insurance as soon as it occurs. And please be prepared to present your insurance card at every visit.
Cancellations or Rescheduling
To better serve the needs of all our patients, we ask that you call at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule appointments. We make every effort to stay on schedule, although emergencies arise.
We are happy to help with refill requests during regular office hours, so please call us at (727) 593-5492 to let us know what you need.
After-Hours & Emergencies
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911. However, if you need after-hours advice for a medical concern, please call (727) 593-5492 and our answering service will assist you.